Thursday 15 February 2007

Don't quit, do it.

Ok...erm...I went to the doc today as about 2 and half weeks ago I felt on my neck during my backflip training in the gym.
Since it still hurts a bit and I was worried that sth. really bad could have happened for I had a problem with my neck in past before (somehow I passed out and felt on the floor in my friend´s bathroom. Got a head laceration and a whiplash injury).
So, my doc wanted to x-ray me. Guess what he found. A fracture of one of my cervical. I mean...a fucking fracture! That thing was miles away from where it should be! Namley on my fucking neck! But the fracture was not the result of my backflip action but of my unconsciousness in the past. An operation would have been necessary to fix everything. That didn´t happen.
He told me that an armee of guardian angels are protecting me cause if I had felt more on the right or on the left side of my neck I would be paraplegic. SHOCK, man...what the fuck am I doing? Hell no...
The first two hours I was paralyzed. I was thinking, what if...what if...what if...
But now I am just so happy that everything´s allright, more or less. That event changed my view on certain things. Especially on parkour. When you´re doing a jump or whatever, focus, concentration...if you feel it, do it.
Don´t fucking mess around. Do it. Or leave it alone. But if you´re going to do it, do it like your life depends on it. And in certain ways...it really does. Fuck dudes...
For me, I really want to go out and train. Do things I never had the trust to do. You´re asking why?
Because I am still breathing.
Because I am still able to walk, to run.
Because I am.

Peace.


binh.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AUTSCH!!!
das hört sich verdammt nochmal nicht gut an!!!!
kommt eine OP jetzt noch in Frage?

15 February 2007 at 17:52  
Blogger circle said...

ähm...ich weiß nicht. wäre halt mit schrauben etc. verbunden. muss mit einem neurologen darüber sprechen. mal gucken.

15 February 2007 at 17:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

super inspirierend. danke !

25 March 2007 at 11:14  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home